Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ready to rock and roll

Getting ready to bounce out of new orleans for the summer. Getting hot here, might say too hot. I remember back to last fall, feeling nervous and scared to leave Portland. A bit nervous now, but also excited to see friends and family in P-town. I want this blog to be a vehicle to promote my business, HEADWATERS CAFE and also to advocate for the use of alternative energy.

Veggie oil is used in restaurants, food carts, and cafeterias. There is no reason all of the school buses and garbage trucks in America could not use veggie oil instead of diesel. I hope to drive across the country pulling the Empress (2,900 miles) primarily on used vegetable oil. I have 125 gallons stored and ready for transport. That should get me to Los Angeles. Then, I hope to find some filtered, used veggie oil for sale at a reasonable price (usually sold for half the price of diesel) on craigslist or from some new friends. Filtering on the road can be messy, but is possible if I have the spare time.

My goal is to drive across the country for $100 in diesel. We will see. Stay tuned and please pass this along to friends, family and associates.

No comments:

Post a Comment